By Budi Kurniawan
Android is the most well-liked cellular platform this day, and this booklet is an intensive advent to Android program improvement. A dependent educational, it indicates easy methods to create functions and use the Android APIs via a variety of examples. The booklet covers the most recent Android version—KitKat—and the chapters disguise issues together with UI parts, the most recent Animation API in Android, tips on how to checklist media, and the way to address asynchronous initiatives.
Read Online or Download Android Application Development A Tutorial (A Tutorial series) PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
This textbook presents a pragmatic standpoint on autonomic computing. in the course of the mixed use of examples and hands-on initiatives, the ebook permits the reader to speedily achieve an knowing of the theories, versions, layout ideas and demanding situations of this topic whereas development upon their present wisdom.
This booklet is targeted at the synergy among machine technological know-how and numerical research. it's written to supply a company figuring out of the defined methods to desktop scientists, engineers or different specialists who've to resolve genuine difficulties. The meshless answer technique is defined in additional aspect, with an outline of the necessary algorithms and the tools which are wanted for the layout of a good computing device application.
Able to placed your ActionScript three abilities to paintings on cellular apps? This hands-on booklet walks you thru the method of making an Adobe AIR program for Blackberry drugs from begin to end, utilizing the Flex four. five framework. circulation speedy from a uncomplicated hi international program to advanced interactions with Blackberry APIs, and get whole code examples for operating with pill parts - together with the accelerometer, GPS unit, digicam, dossier approach, and multitouch monitor.
- iPhone SDK Application Development: Building Applications for the AppStore
- Smartphone Troubleshooting & Repair
- iPhone Application Development for iOS 4: Visual QuickStart Guide
- The Nexus One Pocket Guide
Additional info for Android Application Development A Tutorial (A Tutorial series)
Chapter 18, “Working with the Database” discusses the Android Database API, which you can use to connect to an SQLite database. SQLite is the default relational database that comes with every Android device. Chapter 19, “Taking Pictures” teaches you how to take still images using the built-in Camera application and the Camera API. Chapter 20, “Making Videos” shows the two methods for providing video-making capability in your application, by using a built-in intent or by using the MediaRecorder class.
3. Click Next. 13. Here you need to select a target (phone and Tablet, TV, etc) and the minimum API level. This book only discusses Android application development for phones and tablets, so leave the selected option checked. As for the minimum API level, the lower the level, the more devices your application can run on, but the fewer features are available to you. For now, keep the API level Android Studio has selected for you. 13: Selecting a target 4. Click Next again. 14 appears. Android Studio is asking you if you want to add an activity to your project and, if so, what kind of activity.
Another important concept in Android programming is the intent. An intent is a message sent to the system or another application to request that an action be performed. You can do a lot of different things with intents, but generally you use an intent to start an activity, start a service or send a broadcast. Every application must have a manifest, which describes the application. The manifest takes the form of an XML file and contains one or several of the following: The minimum API level required to run the application.
Android Application Development A Tutorial (A Tutorial series) by Budi Kurniawan